We love lime, Himalayan salt and water. We’ve been banging on about it for over two years now. For our clients this drink is mandatory to every transformation …..
- It helps fatigued adrenal glands to work optimally again! Your adrenal glands are responsible for many of the hormonal processes involved in keeping your energy levels up and your stress levels down.
- Healthy adrenal glands ensure you produce optimal levels of adrenalin and noradrenalin to keep you sharp and focused throughout the day.
- Cortisol is a double edged sword in terms of its effects on the body. We need cortisol, it’s what wakes us up every day and is key to our fight and flight response. However in todays society our body responds by over producing this hormone which is known to blunt fat loss severely. Optimal adrenal health means optimally managed cortisol levels in the body.
- When you are trying to burn body fat it is essential to ensure you tick as many of the potential fat loss tick boxes as possible. By this we mean if you can manage the internal hormonal profile of the body to produce an optimal state then the body fat loss you are expecting becomes expedited more effectively with your caloric deficit.
- Our body is most optimal operating in an alkaline state. Many modern processed foods change the ph of our body to less than 7. Any ph under 7 is considered acidic. Why should you care? Well research shows that acidity in the body makes us much more prone to infection and disease. Whilst we consider lime to taste acidic, in the body it behaves as an alkaline. This effect is superb for optimal gut health. The small intestine particularly is prone to ph changes and your good gut bacteria benefit from a daily dose of this drink. When your gut works optimally you ingest essential nutrients optimally and expel toxins and waste from your body optimally. Both these are the key to long term fat loss and body composition.
A note from Mark & Jojo: We recommend this as a boost to health and well-being for everyone. For those people training hard this also makes a superb post work drink delivering a hit of essential electrolytes to the body fast to aid recovery and energy levels.