Beefed up Brekkie!
Nutritional breakdown: This meal is under 500 calories. It is high in protein and fat and very low in carbohydrates. It’s a cracking (sorry!) meal for fat loss.
- 2 large eggs
- 100g of 5% fat lean beef mince
- 35g of low sodium feta cheese
- 7g of pecans chopped
- 98g of cherry tomatos
- 88g of baby spinach
- A splash of red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil your water in a pan. Add a splash of red wine vinegar (tip: red wine vinegar helps to keep the eggs together whilst poaching)
2. Place the beef mince and tomatoes in a none stick pan. Gently fry on a medium heat until cooked. This should take 3-4 minutes (no need to add any oil).
3. At the same time, gently poach your eggs. This should take 3 minutes (depending on how runny you like them).
4. Add the feta cheese to the cooked mince and heat for 1 minute.
5. Once your minced beef, tomatoes and feta cheese are cooked, place them in a dish. Use the same pan to wilt your spinach (1 minute).
6. Pop them on a plate and add your eggs on top. Season to taste.
Enjoy your meal!
I am going to be honest. Being a Royal Marine Commando taught me more about health and fitness than all of my personal training courses combined. That’s no criticism of the teaching, rather a nod to the fact that health and fitness is a way of life in the Royal Marines because our lives depended on it.
Saxony was desperate to lose weight. At 40% body fat, she felt unhealthy and nowhere near her physical potential. She had trained with a number of personal trainers before but they couldn’t help her achieve the transformation she wanted. Here’s how she got down to 20% body fat in just 16 weeks
Most of us will struggle to find the time for exercise occasionally, and that’s perfectly ok – life happens. As a business owner and parent, I understand how time constraints can impact your health and fitness. I often have to remind myself that my health and fitness directly contribute to my business productivity and life.