The Slammin' Salmon Supersnack
What do you get if you put smoked salmon, prawns, avocado and other salad onto a lettuce leaf. FILLED UP! Give it a go.
Nutrition: Prawns, Salmon and lots of greens make this a super snack or lunch. It is high in protein and good fats and will provide you with a much needed Omega 3 hit. It is under 500 calories too.
- 90g of cooked and peeled Prawns
- 90g of Smoked Salmon sliced
- 100g of Avocado sliced
- 90g of Cucumber cut in to small chunks
- 80g of Tomatoes cut in to small chunks
- 90g of Lettuce leaves
- 75g of Orange segments.
- 50g Red Onion finely sliced
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1 small Chilli Pepper finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons of Parsley chopped
1. Put the Prawns in to a glass bowl and add the Lime juice. Add a good pinch of Salt and toss, cover and leave for 10 minutes.
2. Whilst you are waiting for the Prawns to marinade, prepare the Vegetables (Cucumber, Tomato, Red Onion, Chilli Pepper, Parsley) and mix them together.
3. Slice up some Avocado.
4. Add some Orange segments to the Vegetables and stir in lightly making sure you don’t break up the Orange too much.
5. Prepare the Lettuce leaves.
5. Pour the Vegetable mix over the Prawn mix and add the Smoked Salmon in. Stir gently
6. Place the mix on to the lettuce leaves and add the Avocado slices.
7. Season to taste.
I am going to be honest. Being a Royal Marine Commando taught me more about health and fitness than all of my personal training courses combined. That’s no criticism of the teaching, rather a nod to the fact that health and fitness is a way of life in the Royal Marines because our lives depended on it.
Saxony was desperate to lose weight. At 40% body fat, she felt unhealthy and nowhere near her physical potential. She had trained with a number of personal trainers before but they couldn’t help her achieve the transformation she wanted. Here’s how she got down to 20% body fat in just 16 weeks
Most of us will struggle to find the time for exercise occasionally, and that’s perfectly ok – life happens. As a business owner and parent, I understand how time constraints can impact your health and fitness. I often have to remind myself that my health and fitness directly contribute to my business productivity and life.